Word Wall Words

my
to
at
by
go
we
on
I
and
the
it
am
can
is
in
are
you
like
me
not
she
he
had
good
have
see
that
day
her
his
they
WISH LIST

Costume Jewelry


Stationary

Plastic containers

Toilet tubes


Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Secret Poems

During our Environmental Education class today, we took a walk into our woods and wrote poetry!

Mrs. Szalay asked us to listen and look, so that everyone could share their observations.

We divided up into two writing groups and each member of the group whispered their ideas to either Mrs. Szalay or Ms. Martin, depending on which group you were in.  The teachers wrote down everyone's thoughts and then we took turns presenting our results!  













We ended up with 2 wonderful poems!

Mrs. Szalay's Group's Secret Poem

Bird chirping
the sound of the river
bones we don't know who they belong too...
bones can be hard or light
leaves and stones shaped like caves: dark
water falls
I love Mother Nature
plants grow
scat from birds
plants on trees!
the waterfall looks like somebody spilled water all over
hole in a rock
trees are growing fast


Ms. Martin's Group's Secret Poem

Lakes
the brown bridge over the stream
lots of green leaves
nettles!
I hear water running
we found a hard bone
I hear the water - it sounds like the ocean
I hear a water fountain
trees
leaves of green
I see a frog!

No comments:

Post a Comment