On Friday morning I announced that after gym a special visitor was coming to the room. Someone called out, "Is it Santa Claus?" I said no, I think he is too busy to come. With authority, another voice called out, "Oh, it's the Easter Bunny!" I had to admit that I did not know the Easter Bunny and was therefore unable to invite him. One friend turned to her neighbor and said "I hope it's Lady Ga Ga." Again, I had to say no.
The visitor turned out to be not one chick from the Pre-K, but two!
Everyone was thrilled to get a chance to hold a baby chick! Mrs. LaSorda explained how the eggs had been kept in an incubator and how 11 of the 24 eggs had hatched. We then found out what baby chicks like to eat and how they needed to go back to their farm soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment