To revisit the idea of a list poem, we read a few examples from the book: Falling Down the Page
A Book of List Poems Edited by Georgia Heard.
Then we generated a class list poem:
Winter Animals
A List Poem By KC
Don't need clothes!
really furry
forage for food
some like to eat meat
take care of their babies
like to play in the snow
get snowy!
if we get cold, we go someplace warmer
sometimes we migrate...
paw-prints are clues that we have been there
some swim and dive!
some of us sleep
sweet dreams
Then the girls all phonetically wrote list poems about their winter animals:
A List Poem about the Black Bear
By Daisy
A black bear eats fih and bires
I hibrnsat in the winter
I am a fast runr
I clm trees.
A List Poem about the Fox
By Georgia
I hav wisers
they help me smel
I am an omnavre
I eyt meyt and bres
I am a forigr!
A List Poem about the Coyote
By Gretel
I howl at nite
I dont ned close,
cos I have fur
fome my tip of my tal to my hed
I leap at my pra
I have wiskerc
I am relatd to wlofs!
A List Poem about the Great Horned Owl
By Jordyn
I kan fli
I mak a hooting sond
I et met
I kon out at nit
A List Poem about the Bat
By Lani
I have sorp talens
I have good hreg
I eat bugs and frt
I lev in a cave
I cen see in the dork
A List Poem about the Deer
By Naomi
I like to have fun
playing in the sun,
yes I do!
I have entlrs
I have levs to eyt
I am a forager!
A List Poem about the Chipmunk
By Noa
I have 5 black strips
I stwor food in my cheks
I hibrnat wan it snows
I do not eat meat!
I have pink klos
I am a good swimmer
A List Poem about the Rabbit
By Olivia
I have big hind fet
the babe rabbit can fit in a hand
I love to et plants!
I kan hop hi
I liv in a buro
A List Poem about the Cardinal
By Penelope
Grls have bran fithrs
I liv in a nest
I et sunflaw seds
I la egs
My bec is orang
A List Poem about the Otter
By Quinn
I forej for fod
I swem undrwtr
I hav sorp teth
I lev in watr or land
I am small ers, bot I kan her grat!
A List Poem about the Mallard Duck
By Rhea
I can fly and
I can swim and
I have a net and
I fly awae to warmr plasus
My fetrs dnt get wet evn tho I am in the watr!
A List Poem about the Red Tailed Hawk
By Samya
I have oring tail fatrs
I migrat
I fly some plas wroom
I have taleins
I have good eye sitt
I can woolk and the ting tant I want to eat cams to me!
The red tailed hawk can levie in North America.
A List Poem about the Bald Eagle
By Victoria
I have blak fethrs
I forij for fish
I lay my eegs in tal tres
I am a Bald Eagle!
A List Poem about the Raccoon
By Zoe
I have a blak mask
I have blak kloz
I have a braon tail wif strips
I kom out at nit
I slep al winter
No comments:
Post a Comment